If I ever talked back to my mom I would not be able to sit down for WEEKS! How is it that kids these days feel like they can talk back and get away with it? I am really confused. Doesn't matter how often I talk to them about this issue, Jeff talks to them, time outs are handed out, punishments are coming at them left and right, they still talk back! What did our parents do differently? Don't think for a second that I am a softie mom, oh no! I can hold my ground, Jeff certainly holds his and for some reason, talking back still happens. We even found this time out thing to be a challenge, the room was too much fun, HA! The rickety wooden chair is not very comfortable and to sit next to my dresser is not that fun. Reed actually complained, the chair is UNCOMFORTABLE! Dang right it is! I so want to know what other parents do when their kids talk back. It seems like kids get away with a lot these days and I so don't get it. I am not afraid of saying no. Kind of seems like lots of parents are afraid of NO, instead they want to be buddies with their kids...
Thursday, March 25, 2010
talking back
If I ever talked back to my mom I would not be able to sit down for WEEKS! How is it that kids these days feel like they can talk back and get away with it? I am really confused. Doesn't matter how often I talk to them about this issue, Jeff talks to them, time outs are handed out, punishments are coming at them left and right, they still talk back! What did our parents do differently? Don't think for a second that I am a softie mom, oh no! I can hold my ground, Jeff certainly holds his and for some reason, talking back still happens. We even found this time out thing to be a challenge, the room was too much fun, HA! The rickety wooden chair is not very comfortable and to sit next to my dresser is not that fun. Reed actually complained, the chair is UNCOMFORTABLE! Dang right it is! I so want to know what other parents do when their kids talk back. It seems like kids get away with a lot these days and I so don't get it. I am not afraid of saying no. Kind of seems like lots of parents are afraid of NO, instead they want to be buddies with their kids...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
All I can say is this picture makes me think of Super Nanny....where as long as they are in timeout its good...doesn't matter how they look! LOL!
Talking back is different with my troops~
Nicole (almost 13) talks back by rolling her eyes ...waaaaaaay too much...I take away TV privileges or send her straight to bed depending on the time of day.
Kenzie(10)...actually now that I think of it she doesn't talk back much ...hmmmm..she just likes to bug her brother...again TV is gone!
Owen (soon to be 7)...oh, sweet baby Owen...yes, he gets away with too much but lately his life is Wii...and when he talks back Wii is gone for the day AND if he complains about it or says "That's not fair" I keep adding on another day until he quits. I think he lost it for 4 days once ...but he learned. ;-)
I agree....displine was much different back in our day! I would dread the thought of a backside slap: Now it seems that it is much harder to accomplish!!! I am in the same boat as everyone!! Good luck to all of us!
Post a Comment