Today I got to enjoy Minnesota at it's best in the winter! Our friends have an icehouse on Lake Minnetonka and Sam has been out there a few times and I have been really curious to see what it is like. So today we went out to check out for ourselves. I am not really big on driving on a lake, even though it is frozen 3 feet deep. With my luck, we would drive over some thin ice, go under, rescue team would have to come and get us, we would end up on the news and I would feel like the biggest loser ever. Well I can luckily tell you that we survived the drive and the ice was just as thick all over!
Jack and his dad go out there every weekend and they have a sweet set up! The ice house is nice and toasty, got a little bathroom, cooking stove, bunkbeds, table, 2 tv's and one playstation. There are three holes in the ice and they have a camera rigged to check out all the fish down below. Today though we only caught some tiny perch, but hey, that was my first perch incefishing, so I was kind of proud and felt very Minnesotan.
Sam and Jack took the go cart out for a spin on the lake and that was so much fun to watch them! Jeff took Reed for a spin too and Reed even got to steer for a little while! Super fun!
Next year I want to come out and sit there in the ice house and wait for the big catch...with a beer!
Next year I want to come out and sit there in the ice house and wait for the big catch...with a beer!

2 comments:
That looked like lots of fun! Makes me miss growing up and Prior Lake and Ice Fishing with my Dad! I hope you all had fun, even though I would have liked to have seen you on the news! lol
Now I understand why some of my ancestors immigrated to Canada. It looks like Sweden.
Post a Comment